Our main activities are led by our Technical Advisors (TAs) who work directly with our partners in Cambodia. Each TA is specialized in a specific field from project management, to finance, fundraising, education, psychotherapy, occupational therapy, and disability. The support they provide is tailored to each partner’s needs to ensure that the programs are run efficiently and that all children and young adults get the care they need. The main activities of the TAs include:
a. Know-how and knowledge transfer:
- sharing experience and information;
- developing quality assurance procedures to improve current programs;
- providing fundraising support;
- connecting the partners with international experts;
- providing advice, support and technical expertise during the development phase of new projects;
- providing short-term support to solve unexpected problems.
b. Financial support to our partners
- for current projects;
- to set up new projects;
- in case of emergencies;
- for transitional periods
Our partner organizations employ about 130 local staff members and daily care for about 1’100 vulnerable and marginalized children including but not limited to:
- Children living in the street,
- Children working in the street,
- Children living in slums or squatter areas,
- Children victims of traffic,
- Under-age substance abusers,
- Children and young adults with physical and/or mental disabilities.
GEcsn is also supporting projects for the children’s families and communities such as projects raising awareness among families about child trafficking, child abuse, mental and/or physical disabilities, and other sensitive issues. GEcsn also supports projects helping families set up their own local business or involving them in income generating programs.
Our past and current partners include the following organizations